How MSPs Drive More Holistic Total Talent Acquisition Solutions
As the world of work continues to evolve, organizations face increasing challenges in sourcing, attracting, and retaining top talent. To remain competitive, businesses must take a more holistic approach to talent acquisition by looking at the entire talent pool—including traditional and non-traditional sources of talent—and loosen the constraints of existing silos to create an all-encompassing workforce management approach. It also means considering the entire employee lifecycle, from recruitment to onboarding, development, and retention. This blog will explore how managed service programs (MSPs) can assist you in driving a more holistic total talent acquisition solution.
Related: Using an MSP Solution to Recession-Proof Your Talent Strategy
One of the keys to a successful talent acquisition strategy is to align your organization’s structure with your business goals requiring a deep understanding of your needs and an honest assessment of your current structure. MSP providers help companies identify areas for improvement and implement organizational changes that better support their talent acquisition efforts. This approach helps ensure that all workers are managed in a consistent and structured way, reducing duplication and inefficiencies. Here’s how MSPs can assist:
- Needs and organizational assessments: MSPs compare your current talent requirements to your long-term business goals to identify any existing talent gaps, redundancies, or inefficiencies. By assessing your current organizational structure—including reporting lines, job titles, and responsibilities—an MSP determines if it aligns with your talent acquisition goals.
- Recommendations for improvement: Based on the talent needs and organizational assessments, MSPs recommend corporate structure changes to better support talent acquisition efforts. This may include creating new positions, consolidating existing ones, or restructuring reporting lines to better align with business goals.
- Implementation and support: Once organizational changes are identified, MSPs support implementation—including change management and communication strategies—to ensure stakeholders are invested and involved.
- Continuous improvement: MSPs also provide ongoing support for organizational changes, including monitoring their effectiveness and recommending further modifications.
For example, an MSP might suggest creating a dedicated talent acquisition team to handle all recruitment efforts or restructuring existing departments to improve team collaboration. MSPs also provide guidance on best practices for managing remote and distributed teams, which have become increasingly common in today’s workforce. In fact, 92 percent of employees work remotely at least one day per week, and 66 percent of HR and business decision-makers feel that a distributed remote workforce will be more common than local-only teams in the future.
Related: The State of Remote Work in 2023
Proprietary technology investment
Investing in technology is another critical component of a successful talent acquisition strategy. An MSP provider leverages leading-edge tools and technology to create efficiencies and provide valuable insights into a company’s talent pipeline. Here’s how MSPs can assist:
- Needs assessment: MSPs assess your current tech tools and platforms and identify areas where technology can be leveraged to streamline recruitment processes, reduce costs, and improve talent acquisition outcomes.
- Recommendations for improvement: Based on the assessment, MSPs recommend solutions that meet your organization’s specific needs and goals. These may include proprietary technology developed by the MSP or third-party solutions and custom integrations with other systems—such as human resources information system (HRIS) or customer relationship management (CRM) systems—to create a seamless recruitment process.
- Implementation and training: Once the technology solution is identified, MSPs support implementation and training to ensure your company can effectively use the technology to achieve your recruitment objectives.
- Continuous Improvement: MSPs support technology solutions, including updates and enhancements, to ensure you continue benefiting from the latest advancements.
For example, an MSP might recommend an AI-powered recruitment platform to screen resumes and identify top candidates based on specific criteria. Or they may suggest a talent analytics tool that can track candidate engagement and measure the effectiveness of recruitment efforts to assist in making data-driven decisions and improving recruitment efficiency.
Direct hire and RPO solutions
Organizational leaders know the importance and necessity of understanding and managing their “total talent.” Integrating direct-hire employee and contingent worker talent solutions, total talent management (TTM) creates a comprehensive approach to workforce management. Direct hire and recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) solutions help companies find the right talent quickly and efficiently. Direct hire solutions involve recruiting and hiring candidates directly, while RPO solutions involve outsourcing the recruitment process to a third-party provider. Both approaches can be effective, depending on your needs. Here’s how an MSP provider, as part of a total talent management solution, can assist:
- Needs assessment: MSPs assess your organization’s talent needs and determine whether direct hire or RPO solutions meet them most effectively.
- Provider selection: If RPO is deemed most effective, MSPs help your company identify and select the right RPO provider based on your specific needs, culture, and goals.
- Process improvement: MSPs work with your organizations to improve your recruitment process, ensuring it’s efficient and effective while providing a positive candidate experience. A positive candidate experience during the hiring process influences 81 percent of job seekers to accept an offer. MSPs also provide valuable insights into market trends and best practices for attracting top talent.Related: 7 Tips to Attract and Retain Employees in the Post-Pandemic Labor Market
- Support and training: MSPs offer support and training to help you utilize your direct hire and RPO solutions. They also assist with job postings, enhancing your employee value proposition (EVP) to promote your employer brand, candidate screening, interview scheduling, and offer negotiation.
- Continuous improvement: MSPs can provide ongoing monitoring to ensure that your direct hire and RPO solutions are effective and continue to meet your talent acquisition needs.
For example, an MSP may recommend using video interviewing platforms, chatbots, or mobile recruiting apps. Or work with you to turn your formal job descriptions into a marketing tool that gets qualified candidates’ attention.
Related e-book from Aleron Group Partner Acara Solutions: How to Attract the Attention of Qualified Candidates in Your Job Postings
A successful talent acquisition strategy requires a holistic approach that includes organizational restructuring, investment in proprietary technology, and direct hire and RPO solutions. MSPs provide valuable support in these areas, assisting companies in attracting and retaining top talent in today’s competitive market while reducing time-to-hire, improving candidate quality, and ultimately, driving business results. Partnering together, your company and MSP provider can create a talent acquisition strategy that drives business success for years.
This blog was authored by Joseph O’Shea.